Career Opportunties: HARO Writer
- Completed College Degree
- 0 to 2 years of work experience
- Ideally, with writing experience
- Smart, organized, diligent, and hardworking
- Familiar with Google docs and related software
- Fluent in English
- Effective communicator / wordsmith
- Willing to learn our editorial process
- Can do quick and proper research for writing various topics
- Good writing skills and attention to detail
This job is 100% remote. The candidate is expected to work Monday to Friday. Company policy dictates that the hours worked per week need only be 35 hours.
The candidate is expected to be responsible and carry out writing/editorial tasks. We are looking for someone organized and savvy with google docs and related software.
Writing will involve research on a certain topic, and then developing content according to our editorial process. There are templates and guides set up to make writing easier and more structured.
We are a small team, so as we grow, so will the candidate.
- Proper guidance and examples on how to write article pitches, how to properly research, and feedback on how to improve your writing skills
- Work with a team that values one’s opinions and contributions
- Starting fixed salary compensation of Php 15k – Php 20k per month
- Flexible work hours between 6 am to 8 pm
- Participate in teambuilding “gaming” sessions like Werewolf, Among Us, Doodlr.io, etc.
As a HARO Writer, you’ll be expected to do the following:
- Provide copywriting/article pitches for journalists who need advice on certain topics (beauty, childcare, music, camping, hunting, etc.).
- Perform effective research for writing these articles.
- Write short-form guest post articles.
- Join calls that may happen on a daily basis for team coordination using Discord
- Use Slack for communication purposes and Asana as the main project management hub (Read more about Asana here)
If interested, please email your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and use the subject: “Full-Time HARO Writer – [NAME].”
Please include how you found out about this job opening in your email.
After you send your email, we will reply with a link and instructions on making a sample article. This part of the process will test your writing skills as well as your aptitude for working with new SEO tools. Your output will determine if an interview will be scheduled. Even though the sample article will involve SEO tools, the instructions will assume that the candidates have no previous SEO writing experience, since even those with no SEO experience are welcome.